Monday, March 18, 2013

Wreck Me (Wrecked #1) by J.L. Mac



Book Description
Publication Date: February 19, 2013
Life can be cruel. People can be ruthless and evil. The world can be cold and uninviting. No one knows these things better than Josephine Geroux. By her own definition, she is a twenty-five year old “nobody with nothing,” and she is content to stay that way. Growing up an orphan has made her tough and indifferent to the people around her until she meets a strangely familiar man with a face that haunts her for reasons she can’t understand.

Despite the pain that will inevitably ensue, she makes it her mission to discover what parts of her tragic puzzle she is missing. On her journey to discovering why the she feels an alarming connection to an absolute stranger, her greatest fear is reawakening the demons and darkness from the past that will surely overtake her if she lets her guard down.

Little does Josephine know that the past should be the least of her worries. She is toying with a man who has already broken her heart once. She just doesn’t realize it.
Although she makes it a point to avoid interactions with others, Josephine’s life becomes entangled with the enigmatic stranger. Before she realizes it, she has given herself over to the one person who is close enough to wreck her.

Where to buy the ebook:  Amazon     Barnes & Noble


My Review: 5 stars

My first thoughts as I was reading this on my Kindle was that it was going to be a little dull but that only lasted for about the first 5% of the book (maybe) then it was OH MY GOODNESS! I didn't want to put it down. Wreck Me is a must read! It had me laughing out loud (getting strange looks from my family) and then balling like a baby. Really, I think I used an entire box of tissues, I fell in love with Damon, Jo, & Grams. Oh and I can't forget Captian, even a grumpy old man deserves some love. J.L. Mac made the characters come to life and made you feel like they were part of your life. The emotions ran wild and had you feeling happy, sad, angry, and loved. 

Jo (Josephine) has had a horrible life and most people would have just gave up a long time ago. She is tough, independent, sarcastic, and uses sex to forget things. She doesn't do relationships of any kind (at least that is what she tells herself) for fear of being hurt.

Damon is well no other way to say. He is a Greek God, Knight in shining armor, and sexy. He is cocky, bossy, domineering, and wealthy. He comes in to Jo's life and makes her realize things about herself and her life that she never dreamed but... is he to good to be true?

Damon & Jo's story pulled at your heart. It had you hoping for the happily ever after and I must say I just knew that this book was going to have a happy ending. I'M WARNING YOU NOW if you don't want to know anything about the ending STOP reading NOW! J.L. Mac HOW COULD YOU! I mean the torture, yes folks, it's a cliffhanger and that is all I will say. 

Absolutely a wonderful story and I can't wait for Restore Me to find out what the future holds for Damon and Jo. I know that I won't be disappointed. Congratulations on a wonderful book J.L. Mac and I look forward to reading more of your work.


Other books by J.L. Mac
Seven Years of Bad Luck          Restore Me (Wrecked #2)

Where to find out more about J.L. Mac:
J.L. Mac Books      Facebook         twitter @JaimiLMcCormick

Also check out her facebook page for the series she is co-writing with J.B. McGee called The Deeper Series