Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blown by Braxton Cole

Blown

Synopsis:
Veronica “Roni” Guard is an undercover cop trying to bust a drug ring. Unfortunately, she runs into her ex-boyfriend, Mateo Vargas, at an illegal street race in the California desert. He just happens to be a pretty big criminal himself. That’s why they split originally. No matter how much chemistry they have between them, a cop and a gangster are not a good match. Roni Convinces Mateo to help her with her case, his reluctance derailed by the one thing that always worked between them–sex. Yes, he’ll help her. But on one condition. In his world, she belongs to him, and him only.

Will Mateo’s possessiveness unravel Roni’s case? Or, worse, blow her cover? And if they get out of this alive, is there a future for them together?

Add to you TBR list on Goodreads

Where to buy it: Amazon

My review: 4 stars
I really didn't know what to expect from this one and to be honest I had a hard time with about the first 2 pages. I wasn't sure I was going to like it at all but it was an ARC and I was going to read it no matter what. I mean, Roni just seemed kind of like a slut and it was slow. I just had a hard time getting into it. Then I got to a good part and it just kept going. Roni & Mateo are well, no other way to put it other than just HOT! I could feel the heat coming off my kindle reading this sexy piece. It didn't take long before my mind was changed about it being boring. It had me on edge wondering what was going to happen and asking if Roni was crazy or just fearless. Mateo is the ultimate sexy bad boy. You can't get much worse than a gangster right? Like I said after the first couple of pages it was thrilling with all the bad guys and sweet with Mateo wanting to protect Roni when she thought she could protect herself. It was a great short read and if you like a little thrill with a hot sexy couple then this is what you are looking for.

Where to find more on Braxton Cole:
Facebook    website    Goodreads page    Amazon page