Friday, April 19, 2013

Every Rose by Lynetta Halat




Synopsis from Goodreads.com
What do you do when you realize you were foolish enough to throw away true, unconditional love?
Lorraina Dabney turns her back on her creativity and tumultuous upbringing to embark on a college career that will lead her to law school and to becoming what she values most in life—a controlled, powerful, respected woman. When she stumbles upon her childhood friend's artwork, she feels inspired to reconnect with him and her former self. This onslaught of emotion will send Lorraina in a tale-spin to figure out exactly why she abandoned all that she was, all that she could've been.
Coming from his own chaotic upbringing, Michael falls quickly and deeply in love with Lorraina at a tender age. Even her rejection can't stand in the way of his obsession. When she starts to date other boys, however, Michael finally relents, causing him to spiral further into a world filled with violence, drugs, alcohol, and women. Realizing this lifestyle will only lead to his further estrangement from Lorraina, Michael sets about to turn himself around before going to get his girl.

Add it to your TBR list on Goodreads

Where to buy it: 
Smashwords     Amazon      Barnes & Noble    

My Review: 5+ stars (because there are not enough stars in the world for this one)
OMG! OMG! OH MY GAAAAWD! So, I had never heard of this book or this AMAZING author until this past Tuesday when I posted on the blog facebook page and she commented on the post. Yep she likes my page! SQUEEEEEE!!!!! Ok, I’m calm again. I am sooooooo thankful for that morning because this is an AWESOME book and I might have never found it if it wasn’t for that comment & post. I have a hard time picking favorites and I usually have favorites in different categories but this is right up there with my classic favorite of all time like Pride & Prejudice and Romeo & Juliet. Yep it is that good. Anyway, so after Lynetta comments I decide I am going to check her out. After all it’s not every day an author asks you to go look at her page. So I go take a peek and read her teaser and go to Goodreads to find out more about this book. The cover and title immediately send me back in time thinking about a favorite song of mine from freshman year of high school and it still is a favorite, Every Rose Has It’s Thorns by Poison. (HINT: it’s mentioned in the book too. Great minds think alike LOL J) So after reading what the book is about I go to Amazon and 1-click it. As soon as I can I start reading it.
Normally I don’t say anything about the book really because I hate to spoil anything even the little things but this is just too good not to give you a little something. It starts out with a sweet little romance of boy sees girl, falls in love, tells girl how he feels and she runs like hell to get away. Not what you were expecting huh? There are tons of stories where the boy & girl fall in love and live happily ever after, and there are tons of stories about the abused child growing up and over coming things or other tragic stories of overcoming life but this is different in so many ways. Now, you will have to read it to find out what all happened but I will warn you the last few chapters are hard to get through. I think I went through 2 boxes of Kleenex and those last few chapters took me longer to read than anything because I couldn’t see through the sobs. Yes SOBS! Blubbering, body shaking crying sessions is how I got through it. It draws you in and won’t let go. Even when I HAD to put it down for whatever reason I found myself thinking about it. When it ended I was a little sad that it was over. It has a great ending and unlike a lot of books if there is no next book it was amazing enough to be over but I really kind of hope that Lynetta will do another part and let us know what becomes of Lorraina. HINT HINT ;) ;) Just sayin’.
I can’t say it enough how amazing this story was and how touching it was. Read it for yourself and see what you think. It’s not just a good read but it will have you thinking about life at least it did me.

Want to know where to find Lynetta Halat?