Saturday, April 13, 2013

Featured Author! Belle Aurora

In honor of Belle's book being released EARLY she has stopped by answered a few questions and I am going to give you just a little taste of the awesome book, Friend-Zoned. Did I mention I love this book!


So here is just a little synopsis about it:
Nikolai Leokov never thought he’d fall in love with the only girl he’s ever befriended.
Valentina Tomic has issues with commitment after the ultimate betrayal.
When Tina decides to make broody Nik’s day better, she never thought she would end up friends with the hard man.
Nik has never had a woman be so affectionate to him without expecting something in return.
Nik and Tina cordially invite you to read Friend-zoned.
A story of friendship, humour and love.

Please be sure to add it to your Goodreads TBR list. I had the pleasure of recieving an ARC of it and you can find my complete review of it here.

The following pictures are from Belle's facebook page and this will give you a little idea and look of Nik (how hot is he) & Tina.




And here is one of all of the "friends"

So now you have seen all the sexy people in the book you can get to know Belle a little. She is FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!

Interview with Belle Aurora

When did you first realize you wanted to be a write?
I am a read-aholic. I never thought of writing though. Earlier this year I decided to give it a shot because Nik and Tina have been in my head for a long time. I had everything formed, I just needed to get it out of my brain and onto paper. I spent months jotting down one-liners and conversations between the Friend-Zoned characters. I wrote Friend-Zoned in just over a month and what I found was once I started writing, I couldn’t stop until their story was complete. I spent many nights awake into the wee hours of the morning laughing and/or sobbing because their story is so lovely and heart-breaking at the same time.

Do you have a favorite author?
Sure do. Two actually. R.L. Mathewson and Kristen Ashley. They write amazing stories that are lined with equal parts of humor and intensity. I love that.

If you had to choose what are your top 5 favorite books?
Knight by Kristen Ashley.
Playing for keeps by R.L. Mathewson.
Curio by Cara McKenna.
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. 
Not a chance by S.C. Stephens – Because of the ending.

I have heard some authors write based on things that happen to them or things they dream about. How did you come up with the story for Friend-Zoned?
Friend-Zoned didn’t come to me for a long time. But Tina was in my head for a while. I thought a lot about what makes Tina special. She is so sweet and loving, you can’t help but fall in love with her. Then I thought about what type of man would be perfect for her – and so Nik was born. Next I formed all the friendships. The story was the very last thing I thought about and I honestly can’t remember how it came to me. It could’ve been somewhere so mundane, probably at the supermarket or someplace like that.

How did you come up with the characters names?
Tina was originally to be named Tea (said Tey-ah) but I figured it would be too confusing for people so I decided on a name that was sweet and could be shortened which also came from Croatian heritage, that’s how I came up with Valentina. Nikolai and Maximilian were named by their father Ilia. He decided on those names because Nikolai means Victory of the people and Maximilian means Great one. Cecilia (Nik’s mom who comes from a Mexican background) was in charge of naming the sisters Leticia, Maria and Isabel.
The other names were just luck of the draw. Whatever sounded good to me.

When you were writing did you have anyone (models, actors, friends) that reminded you of the characters? 
Whenever I saw modeling photos of Julio Capeletti I thought of Nik. He is the Nik of my dreams.
I had a vision of Tina in my head from the day I thought her up and when I saw a picture of Claudia Lynx I mentally yelled That’s Her!

Did you have songs (playlist) you wrote to?
James Arthur – Impossible
U2 – With or without you
Mcfly – Love is easy
Of monsters and men – Little talks
Beyonce – Halo
Macklemore – Thrift shop
Ed Sheeran – Give me love
Will.I.Am ft. Britney Spears – Scream and shout
Pink ft Fun – Reason
Mumford and Sons – I will wait
All of these songs I listened to and felt they best portrayed certain parts of scenes from the book. I love all these songs.

Is there anything you want to share or let your readers know about?
Nik was originally going to be an only child (gasp!), when you read Friend-Zoned and meet Max you’ll realize why that is such a big deal because this book without Max would have been lacking. Not to mention Ceecee would never have come into the story either and she is my heart. It would’ve felt wrong without them.

Fun on questions?
What book boyfriend would you want to be stranded somewhere with? (can be any even your own)
Lee Nightingale from Rock Chick! Too bad he wouldn’t even look at me though because Indie is his heart. 
Le sigh.

What is your favorite food and drink?
Well I live in Australia so you all need to understand me when I say Dr Pepper is my all-time favorite drink…and we don’t have it in Oz! Waaaahhhh! I get it imported though. Yippee!
My favorite food is Sushi! Yum yum.

I have to ask and I want you to think fast on the next few. 
Twilight or Vampire Diaries which is better?
Twilight – Only because I haven’t read or watched the vampire diaries. Which I will add to my TBR.

Bad boy or nice guy which would you prefer?
Every woman wants a bad boy who is only good to her. Yummy.


Thank you so much Belle for stopping by. Good luck with your book release 

Where to buy: Amazon