Monday, April 15, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire



Book Description from Amazon

April 2, 2013
Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.
In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.
Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Goodreads

My review: 3 stars
I know I may get (virtual) rotten tomatoes thrown at me but to be honest I was a little disappointed in this book. There was a lot of hype because the first one was AWESOME. I LOVED the Beautiful Disaster and I couldn't wait for Walking Disaster to come out. I mean I knew it was going to be the same story line but from Travis' POV but I was just expecting more. I mean this was TRAVIS MADDOX telling his story! This wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was great either. I felt like I was reading Beautiful Disaster all over again. Yes this was from Travis' POV but it just seemed like it was almost the same in most parts. It still had some emotion and I found myself crying from time to time but I knew what was going to happen so, while I didn't want to put down the first book this one took me longer to read. There was nothing holding me to it and not really anything to look forward to or hope for. The best part of the whole book was the epilogue. Not because it was the end but because that was where the excitement was found. That was where the new stuff came in and it felt like a new book. Like I said it wasn't bad but not one I would choose to read again and again. I'm not sure if there is a third book in this series but after this one I can wait and see if there is. It's like breaking up with a boyfriend just time for me to move on to something better.

Where to buy: Amazon     Barnes & Noble

Where to find more on Jamie McGuire
     Goodreads     Amazon     Facebook