Friday, May 17, 2013

Daddy's Girl Series by Chelsea Camaron

Two reviews at once! Yep the first and second book in this series. I was asked by Chelsea to review her books and here is what I thought of the first two books.

 
Descriptions (given to me by Chelsea Camaron)
Restore My Heart (Book 1 Daddy's Girls series)
This book is approx 140 book pages total          Published March 1, 2013
Bad Boy, Ryder Davenport comes into Dina Fowlers life in the middle of her own personal hell. Still coming to terms with the death of her parents, she pushes everyone away. When she trusts the wrong man, putting her in a bad relationship she felt she couldn’t escape, Ryder comes along. Enjoying his play boy ways, fast cars, motorcycles and a new woman in his bed nightly, Ryder had no thoughts of settling down. That is, until he sees the damage a man can do when he meets a very broken Dina. He changes in hopes of one day being enough for her.
But, can she ever feel safe with a man again? Ryder has restored hundreds of classic cars can he restore Dina’s heart?
Add to your TBR list on Goodreads
Where to buy: Amazon
Salvaged (Book 2 Daddy's Girls Series)
This book is approx 156 book pages                 Published April 5, 2013
Brayden and Maggie have been dating for four years. Maggie is ready and expecting an engagement ring. Brayden has a past full of weaknesses and mistakes he can’t seem to shake. As he slowly loses everything, he also loses Maggie.
As his world unravels, can he find the strength to shake his inner demons? Does he have it in him to face the ghosts of his past? Can Maggie overcome his deceptions? Will they find a way to love and trust again? Can their love and relationship be salvaged?
Add to your TBR list on Goodreads
Where to buy: Amazon     Barnes & Noble

My review: 4 stars
Restore My Heart 
This was good. It was a little hard to read at first and there were a lot of mistakes in the first few pages. I almost put it down, but it got better. The story was really good ones it got going and the characters were described well. I loved Ryder, he is a bad boy with a BIG heart and just lovable. Dina, is trying to be strong and is a smart independent women who just wants to make her friends happy. I have a thing for stories that have a strong characters that are rebuilding their lives or are finding the strength and courage to move forward after tragedy and of course bad boys with big hearts. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the ending. It kind a ended with no warning or build up to the next book. It almost seemed like it was longer and the writer just cut it off to make two books and with the description for the next book at the end of this one I really hope this story continues and doesn't just end to start a story about the other couples. I will read the next one not only because I was asked to by the author but because I hope she improved her writing and to see what plays out with this story.Not much more to say about it other than it was good and it was a first book so give her a chance to do better next time. It is short so it doesn't take long to read .

Warning tiny bit of a spoiler so if you don't want to know anything about the next book other than you really should give it a chance STOP NOW! Just know that you want to read the first book so you can read the next because you DO NOT want to miss it!
If you are ok with knowing a little more of what the second book is about that is not mentioned in the description processed.

My review: 5 stars
Salvaged
Ok! So, you just read my review of the first book Restore My Heart. It was ok, I would even go as far to say it was good, but....... Chelsea Camaron has redeemed herself! I saw potential in her writing and am so glad I gave the second book a chance. This book was so much better. It still had several mistakes and that is just a pet peeve of mine because I feel it interrupts the flow, but that just means she needs to edit better or have someone else do the editing. The characters and the story were great. We get to learn more about all the characters from the first book and then there are some new ones brought in to. I actually cried in several parts. In the first book you could not feel the emotions like in this one. I was also very happy that it continued Dina & Ryder's story. I really was worried that she was going to just end their story with no real finish to it. In the description of this book it sounds like it is just going to be the story of Dina's best friend Maggie and her long time boyfriend Brayden. It is still a short and  fast read but still very good, I think I can go as far as saying it was great. Yes, I definitely can IT WAS GREAT! I really want to read the next one. Much better than the first and so glad she has grown as a writer. Good job Chelsea Camaron. Looking forward to reading more of your writing and continuing to watch you grow as a writer.

On a side not I found out that the first two books in the series are being reedited and updated. Also, found out that each book has a main couple it focuses on but you continue to learn more about all the characters. I like this because I feel like my relationship with my book friends are growing over time as well and that is a great thing.

Next up from Chelsea is Beyond Repair and a bonus story called Full Throttle both expected for release in summer 2013.

Where can you find Chelsea Camaron

Leaving you with just a little visual and the 
Full Throttle covers 
release date is June 21, 2013
Full Throttle book cover
Full Throttle Kindle Cover

Maggie, Club Scene in Salvaged