Wednesday, May 15, 2013

In Spades by K. Pinson




Summery:
Avalynn has been running from her past for a couple of years now....never very far but always extremely fast. With an alcoholic father, a void of a mother and a town full of gossip, she struggles to find her place in the world.The only thing that saved her on her path of self destruction is her beautiful little sister, her miracle. Desperately trying to save Abby from a life that Avalynn has been trying so hard to escape from, she plots to take Abby away.The plan going dangerously astray, leaving Avalynn beaten and broken in what once was the hallway mirror in her childhood home. Avalynn finally comes to in the hospital after nearly being beaten to death. Father-Dead, Mother-Missing, Abby-In foster care--Everything changing in the blink of an eye.

Avalynn immediately sets to work to get her life in order , receive custody of precious Abby and focusing every ounce of attention, giving Abby the the life she deserves. Avalynn, now a 22 year old Elementary School Teacher and New Mommy, struggling to raise a beautiful and feisty five year old whom was just diagnosed with Mild Autism Disorder. Lots of challenges for her to face in the midst. Avalynn is ready to go at them all head on if it means Abby is raised in a happy and healthy home. Abby is the only thing she cares about...not even caring about herself or her life...that is...until she meets him. The man that can shatter her entire world with one glance. Their relationship a roller coaster ride from start to finish. One that Avalynn never wants to get off of..but she may not have a choice. Her happily ever after coming to a screeching halt yet again. Heartbreak, love, loss and hope--This story has it all, In Spades

Add it to your TBR list on Goodreads

First a message from me to K. Pinson- OH MY GAWD WOMAN YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL ME AREN'T YOU? Daxton makes me happy in the pants too.

Ok. I feel better sort of .........not really. So, I'll share a not so secret secret with y'all. I LOVE DAX! Yep in my mind he is MINE! It's ok, because Ava and I have agreed to share him. We have this whole thing worked out in my mind. lol  Seriously though are you ready for my review which is going to be hard since I HATE spoiling even a little bit for you. Well, here goes.

My review: 5 stars
This is a great book and I loved it. I was honored to be a beta reader for her and read the first few chapters. I instantly fell in love with Daxton and my obsession began. lol Out of this I also became friends with a wonderful person. K. Pinson did a wonderful job on her debut book and as she has learned from it I know that she will grow as a writer and all her future work will only get better. In Spades is a heart warming story. The characters come to life and grab hold of your heart. You can feel everything that Ava feels. Little Abby not only grabs your heart but she wraps you around her little finger. She is feisty and full of life and you just can't help but smile when she is around. Daxton is a hot, sexy, tattooed musician who also happens to be a music therapist who loves kids and is great with them. What isn't there to love about that.**swoon, fans self, back on track** Then there is Krissi Adams. What to say about her, well....first the character is inspired by Kris Adams. Yep, from the fun with Joe & Kris page. Her & K. Pinson worked together on this character. I am not sure I am going to like her character much but you will have to read the book to see what you think of her and why I say that. Now I will warn you there is a major heart breaking cliff hanger that will leave you wanting to track down K. Pinson and ask her what the heck she was thinking and why she would do such a thing to you. Don't worry K I got your back and I will protect you because I want the next book. So, go buy the book, read it, and see what you think. It really is a great book and I look forward to more from this wonderful author. 

Where to buy:

Since I am so in love with Daxton I am going to leave you with a little visual from K. Pinson's author page from facebook and on the web. EYE CANDY!!! Just a few versions of what some have said remind them of Dax. I'll admit when I first read for her I thought of Joe Marvullo. 

Now go read it and see what you think Dax looks like.

 
this is just my favorite quote I think it was made by @mollykaur for K. Pinson.


Where to find K. Pinson:
Facebook     Twitter     Goodreads

Next book in the series is House of Cards add it to your TBR list on Goodreads