Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wilson Mooney Almost Eighteen by Gretchen de la O



Wilson Mooney Almost Eighteen Synopsis.
Abandoned by her mother at the vulnerable age of eight; only to be shipped off to a boarding school in Northern California by her grandparents, Wilson Mooney, is one girl who knows what it’s like to have to grow up way too fast. Now, a month away from turning eighteen and orphaned by the death of her grandparents; she knows exactly what she wants. All it takes is a spontaneous ski trip with her narcissistic roommate to Colorado to make it a reality. When "he" happens to show up at a party in Aspen, Wilson becomes tangled in the powerful emotions of first love, sexual inexperience, and society’s principles. She lives a whirlwind weekend filled with newly discovered boundaries, calloused aches for a family she never had, and all the pressures of keeping their weekend together a secret.


Add it to your TBR list on Goodreads

Where to buy: Amazon     Barnes & Noble

My review: 3 stars
I was contacted by Gretchen de la O with a request to read her book. So, I read the synopsis she sent (which is up above) and thought well that sound like it could be good. Plus I wanted to know why they had to keep their weekend a secret. I downloaded it to my Kindle and started. Now on to the review. Well, to be honest (which I am) I had a very hard time. It was slow and I just couldn't get into it. I actually thought to myself "I can't read this!" This is something that rarely happens but sometimes it does. I try to finish anything I read even if I hope it gets better through the entire book. I commented to some friends that I was trying to read a book that I just couldn't get into and one of them asked how far in was I. I responded with "well only 15% but it has taken me 2 days to get there" that is when she said "well maybe it is one you should just give up on". That is all it took I couldn't give up, not yet. So, later that night I picked it back up and started again. At about 25% in I was SOOOOOOOOO glad I didn't give up on it. It really turned out to be a good book. I'll admit it wasn't OMG GREAT but it was good. From the title Wilson Mooney Almost Eighteen you know it is high school kids and the synopsis tells you that Wilson is a girl with a boy's name and that she is in boarding school. That maybe why it was hard to get into at first because it was high school stuff. Anyway, then "the weekend" begins and it picks up a lot and gets good. I won't tell you why it got good or why they had to keep the weekend a secret because that would be no fun and ruin it. So if you read it remember it is slow but only at the beginning and then it is good and I didn't want to put it down. Also, it is a series and it left me wanting more. So I have downloaded the second book called Wilson Mooney Eighteen at Last and will begin reading it soon. I want to know what happens because there is a cliffhanger not a bad one just a little one enough to make you want more. So, over all it was good and if you can just bare with the beginning then I'm sure you will like it. I mean it has a sweet sexy guy, an innocent smart girl, and.............(here is a hint) SCANDAL!!! (wicked snickering here) ;)


Where to find Gretchen de la O:

The series Facebook page