Monday, May 20, 2013

Wilson Mooney Eighteen at Last by Gretchen de la O

Well, I reviewed the first book in this series Wilson Mooney Almost Eighteen . Basically, the first book started off slow and I didn't like it much but it got better and it was good, not great but good. It at least made me want to know what was going to happen with Max & Wilson. So here I am just finished the next book and what did I think about it?

Description:

Chained by unfortunate timing and restricted by society’s expectations, every choice Wilson and Max make becomes pivotal to their future together.

Eager to take their relationship to the next level, Wilson returns to Aspen with Max to celebrate her eighteenth birthday. When an uncontrollable situation leads to a split-second decision, both will be tested like never before. Butterflies will soar, hearts will clash, and Wilson’s relationship with Max will spin into a silken cocoon with choices that seem too impossible to overcome.

Could it be…uncovering the deep ache that lays dormant in their hearts will become the real threat to their forbidden love? Or will the pressures of keeping their relationship a secret be too much to bear?


Add it to your TBR list on Goodreads, and while your at it go ahead and add the next book in the series, Beyond Eighteen also.

My review: 5 stars
OMG! This was an emotional read. It had me smiling and thinking all was perfect in the world with the only worry being would Wilson & Max be able to keep their secret for just a little longer or would Cindy the Bitch work her magic? Then it ripped my heart out and stomped on it hard until it was crushed into a million piece. My poor heart! Next it didn't get much better it took those pieces of my heart and stomped some more. Finally it came to an end but only to leave me hanging to wonder what was going to happen. I was cursing myself for finishing the book before the next one came out. How was I going to make it through until it comes out. Thankfully Gretchen de la O is a kind person and put a neat little password code in to the back of the book so I could get a break and read some of chapter one for the next book. OH THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS!

Now, the first book was not that great and I debated on reading this one but I am so glad that Max & Wilson's story kept nagging at me to find out what happened. This book was amazing. Although it has the forbidden love of a teacher and a student it is now between two adults and the story is great. Kind of like a modern day Romeo & Juliet. Instead of a love between two fighting families it is a love between an 18 year old student and 22 yr old teacher. Really a great story and everyone who likes a good love story should read it. I can't hardly wait for the next book Beyond Eighteen and I am going to be ready for anything with it. Congratulations Gretchen on a great book. I wish you much success. I have found a new author that I am going to keep an eye on for anything that comes out by her.

Where can you buy it: Amazon     Barnes & Noble 

Where to find Gretchen de la O:
Goodreads      website      facebook