Monday, June 3, 2013

Blessed Tragedy by H.B. Heinzer


Description:

Maddie Neumann died the day she pulled away from her parents' house determined to make her dreams come true. She wasn't the perfect little princess she'd been raised to be, all she wanted to do was rock. Everything Maddie was tucked away in a box to allow for her re-birth as Rain Maxwell; a badass rocker who answered to no one and lived by her own set of rules.

Rain's world is shattered with one phone call from her estranged family. No sooner does she get home than everything she thought she knew about her life starts changing.


Colton Bradford knew there was something special about Rain the moment they first met. Unfortunately, she had a hard and fast rule about dating a bandmate so he was stuck in the friends zone. When Rain is going through her own personal hell, will Colton finally be able to make her see how he feels and convince her to take a chance on love?

Add to your TBR list on Goodreads

My Review: 5 stars

I bought this book when it first came out and just had not got around to reading it. I finally had some time and decided I was going to read it. All I really new about the book was that it was suppose to be about a rock group and a girl who changes herself to get away from her perfect princess life. Ok I get that when I was a teen I didn't want to be the goody two shoe perfect little angel my parent thought I should be either and I was just a little wild but not over the top. I admit I did some crazy stupid stuff so the story line that I knew made me want to read it. 

It was really good right from the start. It's one of those books that reaches out grabs you by the shoulders, shakes you a little and says DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION BECAUSE YOU ARE IN FOR A RIDE! Yep the emotional roller coaster ride starts right at the beginning. I won't tell you why but it does. H.B. Heinzer has a way to suck you in with her characters and the details of them that you can't help but feel what they feel. I felt like I was right there in the book with them. I was in Rain's head and feeling everything she was feeling. Heck by the time I was 5% in I was feeling like I was Rain. Yea it was that good. It wasn't just Rain's character that I got attached to it was Colton & even Jon, Travis, & Jared and Rain's family. Then Tanya sneaks in there and through me for a loop but again not going to say anymore about that. I thought the story was great and easy to relate to because I think at one point in every ones life they feel like they either want to be someone else or they feel like they are living two lives trying to please everyone. So, H.B. Heinzer if you read this great job, congratulations and I can't wait for Blessed Fate, especially after the prologue in back of this one.

Where to buy:  Amazon     

Where to find H.B. Heinzer:
Facebook      Goodreads     Amazon     Website     Twitter

Other books by H.B. Heinzer Bent