Friday, June 28, 2013

Book Feature: Every Rose by Lynetta Halat

 

Book: Every Rose
Author: Lynetta Halat

Synopsis:
What do you do when you realize you were foolish enough to throw away true, unconditional love?
Lorraina Dabney turns her back on her creativity and tumultuous upbringing to embark on a college career that will lead her to law school and to becoming what she values most in life—a controlled, powerful, respected woman. When she stumbles upon her childhood friend's artwork, she feels inspired to reconnect with him and her former self.  This onslaught of emotion will send Lorraina into a tale-spin to figure out exactly why she abandoned all that she was, all that she could've been.

Coming from his own chaotic upbringing, Michael falls quickly and deeply in love with Lorraina at a tender age. Even her rejection can't stand in the way of his obsession. When she starts to date other boys, however, Michael finally relents, causing him to spiral further into a world filled with violence, drugs, alcohol, and women. Realizing his lifestyle will only lead to his further estrangement from Lorraina, Michael sets about to turn himself around before going to get his girl.
Michael Bang will have Lorraina questioning everything.



Some of you may know that I have already reviewed this book before. If you want to read that review you can find it HERE.  This book is so wonderful and touching that it is worth reading twice (ok so I have actually read it like 5 times) and so it is also worth review twice. Besides have you heard that Lynetta Halat has updated it with bonus materials including an epilogue? Yes she has! She made this great book EVEN BETTER! What's that? You already bought it without the update. That's ok because she is such an amazing lady that readers who already own a copy can update their version on Amazon and Smashwords. Anyone who is unable to do this will be able to read it on her web page www.lynettahalat.com for FREE! Yep ain't that sweet of her.

Ok, so now that you have that little bit of happy news let me tell you what I thought about Every Rose and the updates. I will try to keep it short and not spoil anything. Y'all know how I hate even the little spoilers but I will give you a warning. Yep this book really should have a big warning label on it that  says......
WARNING GET A BOX OF TISSUE NOW!! NO MAKE THAT A FEW BOXES!!!!!

This is a sweet love story and right from the start you love Michael and you are hoping he gets what he wants. What does he want? Well, he wants the girl. Just like in all love stories boy meets girl, boy wants girl, girl goes off to college in another state. What no the girl shouldn't leave! How can you do that to me Lynetta Halat? Oh wait she wants to reconnect with him? Ok so far everything I have said is in the synopsis. Now, the story has love and I was kind enough to give you a warning that I didn't get to have your tissue ready. There are also some laughs and some AWWW Michael is so sweet **SWOON** moment and then the What the heck moments. It is a roller coaster of emotions that you better just grab hold and hang on tight because it is going to reach out and grab a hold of you and it just might never let you go again. It wasn't just a great read or a wonderful read or even an amazing read. It was all of those and it also made me think, feel, and remember. It touched me so much and reminded me of that first real love I had. Not so much the one that got away but just wasn't good and I learned from it and went on to  find the one true love that I have been married to for almost 18 years now. It also made me thing about all the things I have and how fortunate I am that I have these things. It made me feel blessed to have the people that have come into my life whether they have stayed or gone. The thing I think I like the best besides it being a great story is that it reminds me to be thankful for everyone and everything I have and that everything happens for a reason. We may not know what that reason is as it is happening but later we can think back and say "such and such experience is going to help me get through this" or "that relationship taught me how to be a friend or lover".

No matter how many times I read this book I always seem to pick something else up from it. It has truly touched me to my soul and I want to be like Michael. So if you want a wonder story that will having you laughing, loving, crying, and thinking then this is the book for you. I have talked to several people about it and I have yet to find anyone who has anything bad to say about it. The new bonus material did have me wanting to reach in the book and grab Michael and shake him a little but he pulled him self together. It also gives a little more meaning to how he feels about Lorraina and him self. The epilogue is great and although I was crying in it I was feeling rather happy at the end. So, with that all being said you REALLY NEED TO GO BUY THIS BOOK. I know you will not be disappointed and you will love it. If you have read Every Rose let me know what you think and comment below. Let Lynetta know what you think and leave a review for her where ever you bought it and on Goodreads.

If I had to rate this book on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being bad and 5 being good) I would give it a 5x100,000 Yep it's FANTASTICALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Author Bio:
For as long as she can remember, Lynetta Halat has lived to read and has written countless stories and plays since she was a young girl. A teacher by day and an avid reader and closet writer by night, she has always dreamt of penning books that people could connect with and remember; and her first novel, Every Rose, is the perfect catalyst to launch her into the world of publishing. Her love of the English language prompted her to pursue a master's degree in English from Old Dominion University in Virginia. A self-proclaimed "Coast Girl," she lives in Mississippi with her adorable husband, two amazing sons, and two loveable dogs. She is currently at work on her second book.

Social Links:
Book trailers:
Playlist Link: