Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Emerge (Evolve Series) by S.E. Hall





Book Description:

Laney Walker is a quick witted, athletic, southern tomboy who lets few get too close, using her sarcastic zingers to deflect. She also has no idea how others view her, Evan having protected and coveted her since they were children. But college puts a gap between Laney and Evan that neither of them were prepared for- old relationships are tested, new ones are formed and nothing will ever be the same.

Especially when in walks one Dane Kendrick, not at all the familiar, southern charmer of home, but an animal all his own.


More than, and not just, a love triangle; a story of growing up, friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love...and life.
Please note that Emerge will be available on Barnes and Noble on or around 
August 20th.
My Review: 5 stars
Friendship, love, innocence, growing up, life, love triangles. It is all in this book. I'm reading more and more books where the girl has a best friend that is a guy. I love this because growing up a lot of my friends were guys. My best friends were guys. My best friend (besides my hubby) is still a guy. After 23 years he is really more like family and reminds me of Sawyer from this story. First there is Laney. She is a spunky little thing and I fell in love with that smart mouth tomboy in the first few pages. Then comes Evan and his "take no crap from a girl" attitude. You can feel and almost see the spark from their friendship the second it happens. There first fishing trip together and it hooks you and reels you in from there. I didn't want to put it down. I had this nagging feeling wanting me to keep reading to see if things were going to workout and be great with them. Along their journey of childhood they continue on and their friendship grows. I fall in love with them both and my heart swells for them. High school is a hard time for a lot of people and then comes college life. You can feel their love and friendship and you know it will last. Friendship like that is special and nothing can come between it. College and new friends and  experiences it makes for some exciting stuff. This is where Bennett comes in and I like this little drama queen and wish there was more of her and some of the other characters like Sawyer and Tate. Maybe their stories will come still. Hint Hint S.E. Hall Then comes Dane. He is rich, sexy, and treats Laney like a princess. You gotta love that! The whole story pulls at your heart because you are being pulled as much as Laney and your heart just breaks for her. It is a great story and leaves you wanting and maybe even hoping a little. I don't want to spoil anything and it was really hard to write this without just screaming out what I really think but then I would be giving away to much and UGH!!!! You just have to read it that is all there is to it. Can't wait to see what comes from S.E. Hall and this story and these characters. Well done and definitely a 5 star.


About the author:

S.E.Hall resides in Arkansas with her husband of 17 years and 3 beautiful daughters. When not in the stands watching her ladies play softball, she enjoys reading YA and NA romance.

Watch my facebook page for contests and BOOK TWO TEASERS!!!!

Author Social Media Links:  Facebook      Goodreads         Twitter


a Rafflecopter giveaway