Thursday, July 25, 2013

In Spades by K. Pinson Blog Tour Stop


So if you have been following this blog for a while you may know that I reviewed In Spades back and May if you want to check it out go HERE and see some pics or just continue on reading or do both.


Description:
Avalynn has been running from her past for a couple of years now....never very far but always extremely fast. With an alcoholic father, a void of a mother and a town full of gossip, she struggles to find her place in the world.The only thing that saved her on her path of self destruction is her beautiful little sister, her miracle. Desperately trying to save Abby from a life that Avalynn has been trying so hard to escape from, she plots to take Abby away.The plan going dangerously astray, leaving Avalynn beaten and broken in what once was the hallway mirror in her childhood home. Avalynn finally comes to in the hospital after nearly being beaten to death. Father-Dead, Mother-Missing, Abby-In foster care--Everything changing in the blink of an eye.

Avalynn immediately sets to work to get her life in order , receive custody of precious Abby and focusing every ounce of attention, giving Abby the the life she deserves. Avalynn, now a 22 year old Elementary School Teacher and New Mommy, struggling to raise a beautiful and feisty five year old whom was just diagnosed with Mild Autism Disorder. Lots of challenges for her to face in the midst. Avalynn is ready to go at them all head on if it means Abby is raised in a happy and healthy home. Abby is the only thing she cares about...not even caring about herself or her life...that is...until she meets him. The man that can shatter her entire world with one glance. Their relationship a roller coaster ride from start to finish. One that Avalynn never wants to get off of..but she may not have a choice. Her happily ever after coming to a screeching halt yet again. Heartbreak, love, loss and hope--This story has it all, In Spades.

Add it to your TBR list on Goodreads

Where to buy: Amazon      Barnes and Noble

My Review:
You may know that I was lucky enough to have the chance to beta read for this one. I instantly fell in love with Daxton and my obsession began. lol If you have not read this and you don’t know who Daxton is then keep reading, because I did an interview with him for this blog tour. By being a beta reader and falling in love with Daxton  I also became friends with and am honored to have got the chance to know a wonderful person. K. Pinson did a wonderful job on her debut book. In Spades is a heartwarming story. The characters come to life and grab hold of your heart. You can feel everything that Ava feels. Little Abby not only grabs your heart but she wraps you around her little finger. She is feisty and full of life and you just can't help but smile when she is around. Daxton is a hot, sexy, tattooed musician who also happens to be a music therapist who loves kids and is great with them. What isn't there to love about that.**swoon, fans self, back on track** Then there is Krissi Adams. What to say about her, well....first the character is inspired by Kris Adams. Yep, from the fun with Joe & Kris page. Her & K. Pinson worked together on this character. She is the character that everyone seems to love to hate. I am not sure I am going to like her character much but you will have to read the book to see what you think of her and why I say that. Now I will warn you there is a major heart breaking cliff hanger that will leave you wanting to track down K. Pinson and ask her what the heck she was thinking and why she would do such a thing to you. Don't worry K I got your back and I will protect you because I want the next book and you’re my “in” to Daxton. ;) lol So, go buy the book, read it, and see what you think. It really is a great book and I look forward to more from this wonderful author. 


So are you ready to meet and learn a little about Daxon? Hope you enjoy the interview, I know I did.


So I have been super nervous about this interview because I mean come on ladies it’s DAXTON. My brain turns to mush when I think about him. So, I asked some of his fans for help on what they wanted to know and here it is.

Deep breathe, silent prayer that my brain will work and I won’t make a complete fool of myself, and here we go.

let’s start easy

Stacy: What is your full name?

Dax: Daxton Amory James...it's girly as fuck..I know. Don't judge me. I didn't name myself.

Stacy: What do you do for a living and why?

Dax: I'm a music therapist...and I do it because music is my outlet and I think it's a resource we don't utilize nearly enough. It pulled me from my dark days and I figure it can help out others as well.

Stacy: **Sigh** you can be so sweet. You just make me fall in love with you. Crap did I just say that out load to you? **PALM TO FOREHEAD**
How would you describe the perfect woman for you?

Dax: naked. Honestly, a perfect woman to me is one that isn't fuckin perfect. One that owns her flaws, brave and cocky. I like confidence in my ladies. That's the sexiest attribute to me.

Stacy: What would be your ideal date?

Dax: Simple. Picnic in the backseat of a pick up truck..the beach..acoustic in hand.

Stacy: **SWOON** That sounds like an ideal date to me too. I love a man that can play music. Can you tell us about your first love?

Dax: I had to think about this one long and hard. I THOUGHT my first love was someone that she wasn't.It took me awhile to figure out that love isn't just about having amazing chemistry and being able to get along. It's much more than that. It's about not being able to get along if that person person isn't in your life. Ava is my first love. She's charismatic, genuine and beautiful.

Stacy: You have a lot of women who think you are sexy (you know they do) why do you think that is?

Dax: Probably because I'm ridiculously good looking...but seriously, I'm sexy and I know it. Girls love assholes...you're not fooling me ladies. I know you're closet dirty girls.

Stacy: I’ll be your closet dirty girl! Crap I did it again and said that out load oh well I’ll admit it I love a sexy bad boy that is an ass but has a sweetness to him sometimes too. Ok now just for fun think fast

Stacy: Favorite drink?

Dax: Favorite drink: If we are talking alcoholic beverage then beer is my shit. I love corona. If we are talking non alcoholic then I'll go with water. Gotta keep up my figure ;)

Stacy: And a very nice figure it is. Favorite food?

Dax: Favorite food: I'm a food whore. I'll try anything once. Sushi is probably my favorite.

Stacy: (laughing) Food whore I love that, I am too. OK Favorite book?

Dax: Do I look like the kind of dude that reads? Okay, I do every once in awhile, but not those chick books Ava is into. My favorite book is currently Divergent. I also dig Atlas Shrugged.

Stacy: Chocolate or vanilla?

Dax:  Swirl. Perfect mix of innocent and naughty.

Stacy: Blonde or brunette ?

Dax: I never used to discriminate but I'm definitely a sucker for blondes now. Ava is my exception

Stacy: AWWW that’s so sweet! Well, Dax thank you so much for taking the time to sit and chat with me today and answering some questions for the ladies out there. I look forward to hangin with you again.

Dax: Thank you for the interview Stacy. ;) You make me happy in the pants.

SQUEEEE!!!!!!!!!! He winked at me. That was fun and boy does he make me “happy in the pants” lol I love that saying 

Want to know more about K. Pinson and keep up on all her works? You can find her on the web at the following places.

Facebook     Goodreads     Amazon     twitter


Next book in the series is:
add it to your TBR list on Goodreads