Friday, August 16, 2013

Learning to Trust by Cynthia P. O'Neill


***This is a contemporary/erotic romance suitable for mature audiences only, ages 18+.***

Description:
When Garrett Andrews finds something that catches his eye, he goes after it, letting nothing stand in the way of what he wants to possess. The first woman to arouse his heart could be the one person who helps him to finally open up and feel again.

Laurel Hart was a swimming champion until a frightful event and unknown health issues derailed her career. With a recent degree from MIT in Bio-Medical Engineering and an offer to join one of the leading innovators of medical equipment in the world, she plans on making a new life for herself; letting nightmares from her past stay in the past, or so she thinks.

Neither of them wants to date, but she finds herself drawn to him and Garrett uses every excuse to be near her. Laurel’s afraid to let anyone get close, but finds solace in his arms. Garrett is finally able to be himself around someone. Together, they discover a connection that manages to soothe both their souls and starts opening them up to new possibilities.

Once Garrett finds out about Laurel’s past, all rules in regards to "relationships" are changed, because one false move could drive her away. He attempts to calm her nightmares and gain her trust so he can show her who he really is and the relationship he desires from her.

Will they be able to overcome the damage their hearts have encountered? Can they find happiness? Can they trust their minds or will life throw each of them another curveball? Only time will tell if they can learn to trust.



My Review: 5+ (because it is so good 5 just won't do)
Once again I am reviewing the wonderful Cynthia P. O'Neill's work. If you follow the blog you know that I am honored to call her a friend and you know the story so I won't bore you and if you don't know the story then check out my review of her debut novel I Remember here. So I was once again lucky to be able to read this in pieces as she was writing it and then again with an ARC when it was finished. Now if you read her first book I Remember which is the first book in the Remembrance Series then you know it was a sweet love story.  Well, Learning to Trust is a love story and it has some sweet parts but holy hell this one is HOT! I loved this story so much. The characters are intense but you just fall in love with them. It had a roller coaster of emotions where you were happy for what was happening with the characters, but then you were sad for them, then happy again. Just when I thought I had it figured out it would twist and change and that just made me love it more. Did I mention the sexy, melt my panties, hot as hell, Garrett Andrews. He is a little mysterious, dominate, and gets what he wants. I can't wait to find out more about him in this series but let me tell you he TURNS.  ME. IN. TO. MUSH! In case you haven't noticed I LOVED this one and hate me, disagree with me, whatever but I liked this one more than any of the Fifty Shades books, don't get me wrong I liked them, but I can see this one being just as big if not bigger. Laurel may seem a little weak at first but she is anything but weak. She is smart, sweet, and strong. She is caring and loyal and tries to deal with things on her own without any help. Can't wait for more in this series and see what Cynthia has in store for all the characters and she builds on them and lets us get to know them all better. Great job Cynthia!

Where to buy it:

Smashwords links coming soon!  Do know for Ipad and Apple users, you can download free reader apps from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


Where to find out more about Cynthia:
Website      Facebook     Goodreads

Here is a link to something I found fun. It is a post from Cynthia's blog telling a few things you might not know about her. So if you want to know more about Cynthia click HERE

Other books by Cynthia P. O'Neill

For those interested in Young Adult Romance, that has a bit of a paranormal and historical bent, the Remembrance Series has now officially launched, with the first book in the series I Remember.