Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Clover by Braxton Cole blog tour

 presents





 Synopsis:
Clover Watson wants more from life than what she can find on her daddy's farm in southern Oregon. Young, smart, and driven, she has a plan and she refuses to be distracted from her goals. After four years at the University of Washington in Seattle, she heads home for the summer with her diploma and an acceptance letter to graduate school at University of Portland. She's sure she’s got things all figured out.

Except for Jake Feldman. He was one of her childhood friends, and she hasn't seen him since she left for college four years ago. This summer he's back in town and all grown up -- sweet, handsome, and completely smitten with Clover.

At first, she thinks a harmless summer fling is the perfect reward for her hard work at school. But as the summer continues and their romance grows, Jake challenges everything she thought she knew about herself and her plans. When the end of summer comes, Clover is forced to evaluate what she really wants, but can she find a way to write Jake into her life?




My Review: 5 stars
This was a great book. I love Braxton Cole and have read all her other books. Now, most of her characters are older. I’m not talking older as in 40’s or 50’s but they are adults that have careers and are maybe in their late 20’s or 30’s. Clover is different because Clover Watson is young and just graduated with her BA and is ready to start her Masters program in college and Jake is 19.That is not the only thing different about it though. The fact that it is an older female lead going for a younger male lead is different also.  It was sweet, sexy, romantic and well written. This was really different from the other Braxton Cole novellas I’ve read but it was great and the sex scenes are still HOT! I loved that it had the dual POV from both Clover and Jake because I felt I got to know both of them better and then going back into the past also helped and made it easy to understand the love that Jake has for Clover. It was just a sweet story and it was a nice break from the normal things I have been reading. Plus that ending....well you just have to read it and see because I think that was one of the best endings. I hope that there is a series in this because I really would like to know more and I will not say anything else because I don't want to give any spoilers. Great job Braxton Cole.

 Buy Links:
Amazon          Smashwords


Now you want to know some fun stuff about Braxton Cole? I know I did and I must say I was a little surprised and laughed a lot at this.

Braxton Cole
20 Fun Facts
  1. 1.      I have a hairless dog (Chinese Crested) named Peaches. Never seen one? Look here: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Am9kTmW.LrrjpDcuQnBwoTmbvZx4?p=chinese+crested&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-746

    2.      In college I was a DJ at a local radio station. One time during the morning show, I played Darling Nikki by Prince and meant to fade out when he said “masturbating in a magazine.” I missed. In case you don’t know the song, here’s Rihanna’s cover of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnT3_6-DTs

    3.      I’m seriously addicted to Orange is the New Black. Season two needs to happen NOW!

    4.      My mom was born in Slapout, Oklahoma. No, really.

    5.      I don’t pay attention and walk into walls on a regular basis.

    6.      I used to work as a conductor for Burlington Northern. Want to know why I don’t do that anymore? See number five. You can survive walking into a wall. A train? Not so much.

    7.      My high school mascot was a bulldog.

    8.      Birds scare the crap out of me.

    9.      I have a flock of ten chickens in my back yard. I’m working on number eight.

    10.  I can’t remember the last time I went to a movie in the theater that didn’t feature cartoon characters.

    11.  For my summer project this year, I’m building a brick walkway in my backyard that leads from the deck to the shed. I’m about ¾ finished. Summer is more than ¾ over.

    12.  This summer I canned 102 pints of green beans.

    13.  When I was 19, I was a pizza delivery driver. One time I had an order to a really crappy building in a really crappy neighborhood. I wondered around looking for the right apartment forever. The numbers made no sense. Then, I turned a corner and ran into two guys. One had a gun and told me to give him the pizza and the money I had. I called him an asshole, told him no, then made them show me where the apartment was. I was a little hot headed in my youth and had an overly active fight instinct. I’m a little calmer now. In retrospect, I realize I was lucky they didn’t rape and kill me for arguing with them. I think the guy with the gun was too stunned to do anything but what he was told.

    14.  In the spring, I order a cow and a pig from a local rancher because it’s important to me to know where my food comes from and what goes into it before I eat it.

    15.  When I was a kid, we drove from our home in southern Idaho to Yellowstone National Park. The trip included my mom, me, my two brothers, my sister, my aunt, her daughter, her son and his wife, plus their two kids. All in one station wagon. It was the seventies. Seatbelts were optional.

    16.  While on the above road trip, I sat on a bee. Yes, it stung me in the ass. No, I was not happy about it.

    17.  Last summer we drove from our home in southwest Washington to Disneyland. Seatbelts were not optional. No one sat on a bee.

    18.  I’ve tried to read Crime and Punishment several times. I’ve never been able to finish it.

    19.  I’ve forgotten how to breathe while doing the crawl (swimming). I used to be able to do it.

    20.  I buy wine based on the pretty labels. I don’t drink it.

Author Bio:

Braxton Cole lives in the Pacific Northwest where she spends most of her time holed up in her office writing stories. When she's not writing, she can be found riding her bike, hiking the fabulous local trails, chasing her kids, or wishing that her thumb was a little more green. She has a bad habit of killing what she tries to grow, but hasn't given up hopes of one day being a successful urban farmer.

Braxton writes erotic romance because romance is the stuff that makes life great, and sex is fun. The two belong together, both in life and in fiction.
Social Links:

Want to follow the tour here is where you can find the other stops.  Tour Schedule Link:   http://wp.me/p3raRE-oi