Thursday, September 12, 2013

Conquer by M.S. Willis blog tour




Blurb:
***Content Warning - This is a new adult fiction with mature themes. It contains graphic sexual situations, mature language and explicit description of sexual violence.***

Conquer is the third book in the Control series. This description contains spoilers for those who have not read books one and two in the series, entitled Control and Conflict.

Private Investigator, Paige Stone’s world was shattered when she learned truths about her past. Following her discovery, Paige is forced into a situation where she needs to accept that, although a person can control their mind and body, the circumstances of their lives are far outside their grasp. As Paige struggles with coming to terms about events in her life, she is also put through the harrowing task of learning when to fight and when to let go.

Strong-willed and arrogant, Daemon Pierce agrees to help Paige on her hunt for Chris. As Daemon instructs her how to fight with both body and mind, he breaks down the final walls she has built around her heart.

Paige and Daemon’s emotional journey concludes as they learn the meaning of love and forgiveness, and ultimately...surrender.


 My Review: 5 stars
If you have been following M.S. Willis with her first series then you know she is a very talented author. Her series Control is one of the best. The first two books in the series is Control and Conflict. They were both amazing and the series continues with Conquer. This is the ending to Daemon and Paige's story. Now if you have not read the first two books then you need to NOW!!!! Right now go buy them and read them then come back and read this. There may be spoilers if you have not read the first two books so again if you have not read them stop reading this and go buy the first two books NOW!!!

Once again M.S Willis continued with her amazing writing and finished the story of Paige and Daemon. In this book you learn more about the psycho Chris and I must say you just hate him that much more at least I did. All the favorite characters are back like Annie, David, and Logan. I have to say I almost started hating Daemon in this book. He sometime just seemed mean and I wanted to punch him of course then I forgave him and understood that he was doing it all just to help Paige but still he was a meany at times. Paige was just as strong and stubborn as ever and you just can't help cheering her on and hoping she gets her HEA. Just in case you haven't read the book there is one part that just shocked the shit out of me and I never saw it coming. I was so shocked I actually had to go back and read a part just to make sure I read it right and then I was like "YES!!! YOU GO......" hahaha thought I was gonna give you a little clue there, no way. You will have to read it and find out what I am talking about because you will know when you get to it. As always with this series it is amazing and there are little twists and turns and moments were you want to jump up and down and cheer and then parts that are what the heck moments but it is one you will want to read. I can't wait for the other characters stories and see what M.S. has in store for them. 

Where to buy Conquer:
Amazon          Barnes and Noble         Kobo

Excerpt:

Pulling me to the center of the ring, Daemon stood as his eyes raked over my body.  I felt heated from his gaze and my eyes flicked to ‘Joe and the Gang’ to see if they had taken notice.  All four men stood silently smoking their cigarettes, paying apt attention to what was about to go down in the ring.  I looked back to Daemon and noticed a crooked grin peeking out from the corner of his sculpted lips.  “You ready for this, Damsel?”  I nodded hesitantly in response.  “Good.  Now, I want to see what those ninja skills of yours can do for you.  You stand there, and I’ll attack.  Show me how you would normally defend yourself, okay?”
“Fine, Daemon.  However, I can’t promise I won’t hurt you in the process, so don’t blame me if you leave this place limping.  In fact, you might want to put on a cup or something to protect your manhood, because I would hate….Ahhhhh!”   Before I could finish my sentence, Daemon lunged forward, managing to grip both my wrists.  He tugged me forward, while at the same time placing his foot in front of my feet, tripping me as I tried to steady myself.  I went forward into the mat as Daemon brought my arms to my back and locked them to the middle of my spine with one hand.  His other hand came down between my shoulder blades as he straddled my lower half, using his weight to hold me in place.  Joe and the Gang instantly broke out into hoots of laughter and I turned my head to see them slapping their knees and each other’s backs.  My mouth was forced open into an ‘O’ from the mat pushing up against my cheek. 

Daemon leaned forward, his mouth softly brushing against my ear as he spoke, “Your first mistake, Damsel, is that you talk too much.  While you’re busy distracting yourself with your own voice, your opponent will be watching and waiting for the moment when you let down your guard.”  His voice lowered an octave and seductive tendrils dripped from his words as he said, “If I wanted to, I could take you from behind right here and right now, and there’s not a damn thing you could do about it.”   His teeth nipped at my earlobe causing an involuntary pull within my core and a whimper to escape my lips.  I believe drool may have dribbled a little from the corner of my mouth, causing Daemon to chuckle wickedly.  “Keep that up and I might be asking our audience to give us some time alone.” 

Buy Links for Control & Conflict:
Control Links:
Amazon          Barnes & Noble          Kobo

Conflict
Conflict Links:
Amazon          Barnes & Noble          Kobo



Author Bio:
M.S. Willis is a romance novelist whose debut novel, Control, was released in 2013.  Although currently writing in the romance genre, Willis has plans to expand her literary pursuits into multiple genres and has no fear conquering difficult subject matters in her writing.  Willis is a native Floridian who is also a photographer and musician.  When not absorbing herself in written, visual or musical expression, Willis is an adrenaline junkie, a ‘closet’ video game enthusiast, and an avid outdoors person and nature lover.
Visit M.S. Willis on her author page:  www.facebook.com/mswillisbooks

Find her on GoodReads here:  www.goodreads.com/book/show/17912005-control
 Cover Artist Bio: Jason L. Lee
Jason L Lee is a Florida Native. The arts have always been a big part of his life. Science, nature, and spirituality have been inspirations to him. He started displaying his work in 1993. In 1996 he started to venture from drawing & photography into acrylic painting. This led to painting live with local bands starting in 1998. His paintings are now created mainly at home. He uses a combination of impressionistic and illustrative painting techniques to create fantastical imagery. He is currently a Scenic Artist working for The Nassal Company and Co-Founder of the Arts Hub Organization.
www.facebook.com/JasonLLee
www.facebook.com/JasonLLeeArt
www.twitter.com/JasonlLee8


Dragonfly Necklace Creator:  Verita Bolin
  I started making jewelry in the 80's. In middle school I sold bracelets. In 2004 I started selling my jewels to the public.  I went to The William Holland School of Lapidary Arts to learn stone identification, wire wrapping, and chain making. In 2009 I met Jason L Lee, an artist and curator.  He liked my jewelry and invited me to display in Creative Spirit Art Gallery, at 1st Friday Art Strolls and on Orange Ave.  I have a company with my mother, Tita. We set up all over Florida, have an Etsy store, and Facebook page. People around the country own my jewelry.