Monday, October 21, 2013

Willing Captive by Belle Aurora Blog Tour



18071296
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: September 26, 2013
Synopsis
Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years. Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom. Or so she thinks. Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job. There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily. Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met. Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right? Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity. What lengths would she go through to keep them? (Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

My Review: 5 stars
Let me see if I can get my thoughts together here. When I read the synopsis and going by the title I was ready for a dark story and my mind was already going in 50 different directions as to what might happen. I didn't have that little authors note that it is NOT a dark romance like you see above. So that is what I was thinking. Okay, first there is Delilah Flynn aka Lily. She is a 22 year old tomboy who just wants to get through her life without anything too exciting happening. She just wants to read and go to work for her father and maybe one day take over his company. Someone has to right? So, she enjoys her peaceful little world with her mom, party girl sister, and her slightly over protective dad until one night she is kidnapped. WHAT?!?!? Yep like the synopsis says kidnapped, from her own bedroom at that. WTF!! 

From the first sentence I am hooked and I know that Lily is going to be awesome and I'm going to love this girl. Sure enough this girl maybe wants a boring life and prefer her room and a book to a night out at a club but who can blame her. I mean a good book can take you anywhere you want, but this book is far from boring. You know I won't go in to details about it but about 4% in is when it gets good, well really good, ok great. I think it got good at the first sentence and just kept getting better and better. To make it even better shortly after this we meet Nox Taylor and he is gorgeous and all sexy soldier type. Now as I am reading I am trying to figure out what is going to happen, what is going on, is there a bad guy and who is it. Well you can try to answer all these questions but chances are you are going to be wrong or you will change your mind several times. I know I did and when I thought I had it figured out my wonderful Belle Aurora would through me a twisty curve and blow my theory. I love that really and that is why she is AMAZING!!!!!!

If you have read any of Belle Aurora's other books then you know she is awesome and has a way with making her characters come to life and feel like they are your friends or even like family. She has a way with words that can have you mad one second and then laughing so hard you are crying and grabbing your sides from the pain of laughing so hard. They way she writes just makes you feel everything the character is feeling and that brings her story to life. Well, she didn't dissappoint this time either. She drew me in with the characters, kept my attention with the story, and had me so emotional I didn't know what to do. When I say emotional I mean a little sad, pissed off, happy, scared, balling like a baby, laughing (I mean some of the name calling had me cracking up), and yes even ugly crying. I'd hate a character then something would happen and I'd be like "awww, so sweet he/she is not so bad" then be like "that son of a ....." or "that BITCH". It was a crazy wonderful thrill ride that I know I'll be reading again. ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ONE and EVERYONE should read it!

Buy the Book

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Smashwords

Want a bit to hold you over until you can buy it, or it may make you want it more. Here is am excerpt

We reach the diner looking like a newlywed couple. Smiles, hugs, and happy. No one would guess we’re sweaty, hot, and tired. When I try to sit at the booth, I almost get whiplash when Nox pulls me into the same side as him. Close. The waitress comes over wearing a knowing smile. Before she gets to us, I pinch his thigh and hiss through a fake smile, “Would you stop doing that?”
He places his lips at the shell of my ear and whispers, “You keep pinching me and I might just pinch you somewhere you don’t want to be pinched, baby.”
Well…
That certainly shut me up.

About the Author
Belle Aurora is twenty six years old and was born in the land down under. At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance. Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love. Humorous romance novels. Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles. Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February this year Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love. With words. With writing. With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.
Connect with the Author

Facebook | Goodreads


Giveaway