Friday, December 27, 2013

Finding Home by J.W. Phillips




Julie Emison never believed in demons, ghouls, or things that go bump in the night. Trucker Castleman never believed in love. Imagine their surprise when they discovered each other.
Eighteen-year-old Julie denied her attraction for seventeen-year-old Trucker for as long as she possible could, but in time formed a connection that felt almost unworldly. From the day he first laid eyes on her, the charismatic, and reclusive Trucker had been consumed with Julie, a big-hearted and frustrating girl—who Trucker loved beyond reason. The only problem with that was Trucker had no right to love. After all, love is a foreign concept to a demon.
Things are complicated by the fact that Trucker was not only a demon, but the prince of an elite band of demons. His life had already been laid out for him, and Julie didn’t fit into those plans at all. Julie was a complication. A complication Trucker was not willing to give up. Trucker was ready to fight and turn his back on everything he knew to be with her.
Julie wasn’t so easily convinced. With Trucker, Julie found isolation, unbearable pain, and that happily ever afters do not exist. However, she also never felt more alive. After a tragic accident, Julie faced a hard decision. Did she endure it all for the sake of love? Or was the price of sin more than she could afford to pay?



3 stars
I had a hard time with this review because at first I was not impressed with it at all. It was a little slow to start and then all I could think about was Twilight. I kept thinking to myself this is Twilight just worded different. I even looked in a copy of Twilight to see if it was the same but the wording was different. Don't get me wrong I like the Twilight series. I pushed through to see if it was going to be just like Twilight or not. To my surprise it was not. I did like the story and once I found out what was going on with Trucker I started enjoying it more. I was glad that it was not what I was thinking it was going to be and was glad that I got a little surprise. That doesn't happen often but because it took until over halfway through for me to get rid of the Twilight feel I can't rate it any higher. It was a good story and if you like paranormal romance I think you will like this. Check it out for yourself.