Monday, January 27, 2014

Diane Mannino 2 in 1 review



        
Today is a 2 in 1 post. I am reviewing 2 books at once. Both books are by Diane Mannino.

First up is 


 Emilia King is entering her senior year at Santa Barbara University. For the past three years, she lived in the library – doing what she knows best – focusing on her studies and forgetting her past…a past that has forever changed her life. But this year marks a new beginning…

Logan Prescott is not only the hottest guy on campus, he’s heir to a billionaire hotel fortune. Emilia knows he’s trouble and should stay clear of him. But his notorious good looks and piercing blue eyes make him simply irresistible – especially when he’s quoting her favorite literary works.

Intrigued by Emilia’s innocence and resistance to his charm, Logan discovers she’s a challenge he simply can’t resist. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but running from him may be impossible.



3 stars
Ok, so they say it is better to just rip a bandaid off and get the pain over with so here goes. I liked the book for the most part but it was very long (according to amazon 529 pages long) and some parts  honestly I just skimmed over. What parts? Well the songs. I love when a book has songs mentioned in it. I can even handle a line or two of the song but I don't really want to spend my time reading lyrics to half a song all through out the book. Maybe that is just me but I'd rather just see what is going to happen to the characters and read what the story is about without having to have a page or two be lyrics. I did really like the story I just felt like there was a lot of unneeded information in it. I like Emilia and  Logan. The characters were well built so you really got to know them. I also loved the idea of the story with the rich "playboy" who likes to party falling for the shy innocent middle class girl. So, because of the lyrics to several songs being written and just over all wordiness it made some of the book boring and hard to get through. Then on top of that there is a cliffhanger. I don't mind cliffhangers but when I have a 500+ page book I don't want a cliffhanger. I know this is a debut book and I know that new author learn a lot from their first books so I am hoping that Ms. Mannino learns and the next book will be better. Lucky for me I get to go right in to the next book.

Amazon  

Book 2


 Heartbroken by the one guy she simply couldn’t resist, Emilia King is determined to move on. But Logan Prescott is also determined… determined to win her back. He lost the only person who truly mattered to him and now he’ll do whatever it takes to convince Emilia to give him a second chance.

While their attraction to each other is undeniable, the obstacles they’re forced to confront may be too much. And just when it seems their love for each other is a bond that knows no bounds, Emilia faces her worst nightmare.

With her newfound inner strength, Emilia realizes fighting to be with Logan is her only hope…and waiting for him may ultimately determine not only their future together, but her own destiny



4 stars
Well once again I loved the characters and I enjoyed the story more this time. The book is much shorter and there is no cliffhanger but I can see there being a third book. I would even like to read a third book about the gang. My issue with the first book and all the lyrics is gone. There are some lyrics but not full or half songs that I had to read. There is a faster pace so it doesn't feel like it is dragging on and that I like. I really enjoyed this one and hope to read more from Ms. Mannino has I have seen her grow from the first to this one and I know she will continue to grow as a writer.



Want to learn more about Diane Mannino check out her website here or her Goodreads author page here.