Monday, February 17, 2014

Separation Anxiety by Lisa Suzanne blog tour

Separation Banner

Sep
Title: Separation Anxiety
Author: Lisa Suzanne
Release Date: February 3, 2014
Synopsis
Separation.
We all get one true love in our lives, and it’s up to us to find it. Fate will act and try to push us together, but ultimately it’s up to us to recognize who that one person is when he’s standing in front of us.
It turns out that I recognized who my one person was when I was separated from my husband.
Anxiety.
On the same day I determined that I was finally going to file for divorce, I confessed my secret to Jesse Drake, my swoon-worthy colleague known for his womanizing ways. Jesse invited me to crash with him, and with each new piece of the enigmatic Jesse puzzle that I started to fit into place, I found myself wondering if Fate had pushed us together for a reason.
If only my husband would stop getting in the way of the man with whom I was meant to be.
Buy The Book

My Review
4 stars
I enjoyed this story and the characters.V or Veronica is a high school teacher who is separated from her husband and living her life like she is still married. Jesse is the sexy colleague that is friends with V.

Like I said I enjoyed the story but I would have loved to know more about Veronica and Richards life before marriage and their marriage.Just more back story. Maybe that is just me but I think it would have given more to the story but it was a good story. 

The one thing I can't really get is how they lived "separated" for so long with out even V's best friend knowing. I just found that a little strange but again that may just be me. I would hope that if I was that unhappy with my marriage that someone, family or friends, would notice. I guess it is possible for people to be so caught up in their own lives that they might not notice what is going on with others around them. 

Like I said it was a good story and I enjoyed it. It had me interested and kept me wanting to go on to see what would happen. I loved that it was a stand alone and had no cliffhanger. I hope you will buy it and enjoy it like I did.

Excerpt
So, if you’re picky with women, why flavors of the week and not something more permanent?” I asked, knowing my bold statement never would’ve come out of my mouth if I wasn’t already wine drunk.
He shrugged and took a sip of his wine, avoiding eye contact.
You’re a catch, Jesse. You work with kids. You’re good with wood. You make a mean chicken marsala. You’re hot as hell.”
His eyes snapped sharply up to mine at my last words, and I realized what the hell had slipped out of my mouth just a moment too late.
Fucking wine.
My face was already flushed from the wine, and I think I might’ve turned purple from embarrassment. I could not believe I just said that.
What the hell was I thinking?
This man was kind enough to extend an invitation for me to stay with him, and I just told him I thought he was hot. Or, more specifically, I told him that I thought he was “hot as hell.”
What. The. Fuck.
Something was wrong with me.
Seriously.
Cue mini-freak out number two for this meal, but this time it was because I was actually freaking out.
I played it off by drinking some more wine, pretending like I hadn’t just said that.
But Jesse didn’t let it slide.
Hot as hell, huh?” he murmured.
Fuck.
I put my elbows on the table and buried my face in my hands.
Oh my God. I can’t believe I just said that.”
I felt his hands over mine. He forced my hands from my face, and when I opened my eyes, he was sitting in the chair next to me. He had been stealthy; I hadn’t even heard him move, and suddenly we were nearly nose to nose as he held my wrists in his hands.
Hot as hell?” he repeated one more time, that dangerous, sexy depth back in his low voice.
Can we just pretend like you didn’t hear that part?” I whispered, nervous with him so damn close to me, his hands wrapped around my wrists.

He shook his head slowly and arched an eyebrow. “Fuck no, we can’t.”
sep teaser 1
About The Author
Lisa Suzanne is a high school English teacher who lives at home in Arizona with her amazing husband and adorable yellow lab. She loves summer more than her students do. She has loved to write for as long as she can remember.
LINKS
Sep teaser 2

Giveaway