Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tattooed Dots by Kimberly Knight blog tour






Easton Crawford put his modeling career and good looks before his marriage until it was over. Years later, he is finally learning how to be the father his daughter needed him to be. Hes not looking for a new mom for his daughter—just nightly casual hook-ups. When his best friend, Avery, convinces him that a good way to meet a lot of single women is to go on a singles cruise, Easton finds more than just a hook-up when he meets a fellow cruiser, Brooke.

Brooke Bradley has taken care of her younger sister, Bailee, for most of their lives. While their mother was enjoying not being a mother, Brooke became the adult in the household at thirteen. She had always taken care of the people in her life, especially her boyfriend, Jared. If it wasnt for Brooke, Jared wouldnt know how to function throughout the day.

When Brookes best friend, Nicole, gives her a gift of going on a cruise without telling her that its a singles cruise, will Brooke find someone willing to be her constant and finally leave Jared?

Brooke and Easton learn that people are brought into their lives for many reasons. Over time, they find out what those reasons are. Some are to be a temporary acquaintance while others are there for life.


What will Easton do when he meets Brooke and realizes that she is someone that is meant to be in his life forever, especially after Brooke has an unexpected surgery and Easton is scared of losing her forever?


 5+ heart warming stars

 Talk about a book hangover! This one was my first book of 2014. I've had to wait that long to tell people about it. TORTURE!!!! I wanted to let everyone know how great it was. You know what else? I'm in the book! Yep, so when you read it and you see the character Stacy, it's me. LOL Isn't that cool? I think so. I was on Kimberly's beta team for this so I got to read it as it went and then again when it was finished.It is so good I even read it again just to make sure I had everything I needed to write this review and I still don't think I can do it justice at least not with out telling you all about it and that would be a spoiler. I think this is my favorite of Kimberly's books.



The characters are great and pull you in. I'll admit that at first I didn't like the main male character Easton much and thought he was a bit of an ass and a lot cocky. BUT he managed to get in my heart and I fell in love with him. Brooke was sweet but needed some help wising up (that's were her best friend Nicole comes in) and by the end of the book I felt like I was saying bye to a friend. Nicole and Avery are a big part of this story also. All the other characters were great also and made the book have a fun loving friend and family feel to it. I don't want to give anything away with this review so I'll just say that it is a bit emotional in spots (yes I cried) and don't judge a book by its title, I had something a little different in mind when I saw the title but just read it and you will get the title of it and you will see it is PERFECT. It had me laughing, feeling the love, and a few (ok maybe a lot) tears were shed. It is written in both his and her POV and I love that because I feel like I get to know the characters better and so I get more out of it. I just loved this book and it touched my heart in so many ways. Tattooed Dots is a story of second chances, inspiration, true friendship, and swoon worthy love. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and I can't wait for more of this series.


Amazon      Amazon UK          Kobo          Smashwords

Isn't this cover just gorgeous?!

Now for a little one on one time with Kimberly. I had the honor of interviewing her so here it is. 

Me: How long have you been writing?

Kimberly: I’ve been writing since September 2012…maybe it was the last week of August. I can’t remember, so I just say September 1st :)

Me: What is the hardest thing about writing?

Kimberly: Making the story flow. I know how I want the stories to start, how I want them to kinda go and how they end. If writers just did that, we would have 20 page books, lol. For me, I try to picture the characters and what they would do on a day to day bases or whatever. I try to make things as realistic as possible, even though it is fiction. Sometimes, I can stare at a page for hours…days even and have no idea what I want the characters to do in that moment. Sometimes I skip over it until I know, sometimes I just let it sit and think about it until I know what will happen and then move on.

Me: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?

Kimberly: What I wrote above, lol. Also, Tattooed Dots is a part of me. I lived through some of it myself and when I got to those parts, it was a little emotional.

Me: Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.

Kimberly: I do. I try to read something every day (not a whole book…just read something at bedtime). My favorite authors are Sylvia Day, Jay Crownover, Olivia Cunnings, Colleen Hoover, Audrey Harte, Penny Reid, Gina Maxwell, Emily Snow, Kelli Maine, Raine Miller, Michelle Leighton, Gail McHugh, Nicole Reed, Cassia Leo, Christina Lauren, Laurelin Paige, Aleatha Romig, Kendall Grey, Cherise Sinclair…really, I can go on and on. These are just a “few” that I can think of off the top of my head and in no particular order!

Me: What do you think is the hardest part about being an author?

Kimberly: Putting your work out there for the world to critique. I knew people wouldn’t love my books, but some of the reviews are just harsh and not needed. Authors are people and we have feelings too. If you don’t like our books, think we can’t write…whatever, you don’t need to be mean about it. Just simply say it wasn’t for you and move on to the next author.

Me: What is the best part about being an author?

Kimberly: The fans! I’ve met so many people this last year. If it weren’t for the fans, I would have stopped writing after Where I Need to Be. I didn’t realize how that book would take off and I’m so happy it did. It changed my life!

Me: How do you come up with your characters?

Kimberly: I’m not really sure, lol. That sounds weird, but it’s like I know I want friends with the main characters and they all just evolve. The main characters are just ideas and then they speak to me. I created Easton before I even wrote the Prologue…meaning I wrote Chapter 2 before the Prologue. He spoke to me and told me what he wanted as a background. I know…it sounds weird! For looks though, Brandon in my B&S series is based off Brandon Crawford from the San Francisco Giants. Man that man…he is first on my Hall Pass list!!! Everyone else has been picked by my Street Team or Betas….who they picture while reading.

Me: Is there anything else you would like to tell us that I didn’t ask?

Kimberly: If you’re friends with me on Facebook, you might know that I had a tumor removed March 1, 2013 and went through radiation in June 2013.
I got the idea for Tattooed Dots when I was laying on the table undergoing one of my radiation treatments. As you can imagine, radiation wasn’t easy. Radiation doesn’t physically hurt during the treatment, but laying on a table for twenty minutes a day (sometimes longer if they can’t line you up correctly) with your breasts pointing to the ceiling while male technicians administered the dosages—sucks! It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life.
I don’t want to spoil the book for you. There is way more to the story. When I started writing it, it was supposed to be a standalone, but the characters just kept wanting me to write their story and there was no way I could fit everything in one book.

Kimberly Knight has just moved from the Bay Area in California to the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, playing co-ed slow pitch softball in a few local leagues,rooting for her SF Giants and San Jose Sharks and playing computer games like World of Warcraft with Audrey Harte and online poker. Now that she is near a lake, she plans on working on her tan and doing more outdoor stuff like...watching hot guys ski. However, the bulk of her time is dedicated to writing and reading Romance and Erotic fiction.


Links: Website Facebook Twitter Pinterest Goodreads

Giveaway