Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Firefighter's Flame by Dani Har Blog Tour

Host:
Book Addicts One Stop PR Shop
LINKS:

A Firefighter's Flame (Women's Fiction Romance)
Recommended for ages 17+
Publication March 17, 2014



If you dig into the deepest parts of your soul, what would you find? Happiness, pain, love, regret, peace, sorrow? Now imagine experiencing all those feelings at once and then nothing at all. These were the average days in the life of Lennox. An unhealthy and unstable mind is further challenged when fate intervenes. One tragic moment will test her wavering strength and leave a permanent scar on her conscience. Follow her journey of rediscovery, falling in love, and searching for her own fairy-tale ending.


Prologue

There was a time in my life when the light within me shined so brightly. At some point I lost it. I lost me. Life used to course through my veins like an out of control wildfire, unstoppable and infectious. Time was supposed to heal, but all it did was slowly strip me down to an empty vessel void of passion, desire, and drive. I wanted to scream, “Be the one to save me,” but my soul was drained, my heart was shattered, and time had siphoned the life out of me.



5+ flaming hearts  & stars
Love does not describe how much I enjoyed this book. I was honored to be a beta reader for Dani and I loved the book even before it was finished and cried as a beta reader then she let me read it with changes again cried and loved it even more. Finally she gifted (since ARC seems to be a new bad word on some sites) a final version of the book for me to read and I thought "maybe this time I can get through without crying." WRONG!!!! 

Again I became a blubbering mess of tears and sobs with a pile of tissue at my side. I wanted to write the review right away but was so emotional that I couldn't get through it. So of course when the book came out I had to buy it to support this amazing author. I loved the main character Lennox. I could feel her pain and understood the depression she felt. Her feeling just seemed to pour from the pages and drew me in. I was literally so involved in the story that I was finished before I knew it. I actually hugged my kindle when I was finished. It not only touched my heart while reading it but my mind after and stuck with me. It is a wonderful story of love, loss, and finding yourself. Fantastic read that you will want to read again and again.

 

Amazon          Barnes & Noble




“My heart was bursting at the seams, longing to feel again. My skin was crawling with anticipation for the next fix of sensation that traveled from my fingers to my toes to my core. Was it my time or was it too late as I had convinced myself of so long ago? He made me feel again, but I hadn’t decided if I loved or hated him for it. It took only one moment to destroy the walls that years of pain and disappointment had built. To destroy me. To make me want more.  Only I didn’t know if I deserved more…. I had always been ruled by my emotions, which had contributed to the extreme highs and lows in my life, but to feel numb was a curse that I had been living with for too many years that I would now fight against for life. Fight for the feelings that once inspired my soul and warmed my heart because I saw him and a shock of life brought me to my knees and begged for more, shamelessly. Practically a stranger now, an angel, my redemption.” 
~ A Firefighter’s Flame 







 
Dani’s passion for writing started at a very young age.  It all started with a multitude of diaries, then as her passion grew she turned to poetry and short stories.  She received her Bachelor’s Degree at USC in Theatre with an unofficial minor in writing.  While at USC she wrote her first screenplay and post-graduation was fortunate to be hired to write another screenplay.   As family life got busy her passion was pushed aside, but as she fell back into the love of reading her desire to write again increased, so she returned to it in the summer of 2013. She is currently working on a YA Urban Fantasy Romance series, The Life of Arie, with book 1 already published. You can connect with Dani through her website www.danihartbooks.com.


FACEBOOK:


GOODREADS AUTHOR LINK:

TWITTER:

INSTAGRAM:
@authordanihart