Monday, April 7, 2014

First Love by Kathy-Jo Reinhart




Six years ago, Amber fled her hometown and family heart broken and humiliated. Now, after walking in on her fiancé holding another woman’s legs in the air and screaming her name, Amber is headed back home to Oakville, ready for a fresh start in the town she’s always loved.
Determined to get back to her life, Amber gets a waitressing job at KC’s Bar & Grille. After a few weeks of working there, she finally sets in to a happy routine with help from her new friend, Holly. That is, until she meets KC, the owner, her boss, and the man who just happens to be the reason she left so many years ago. The man she never got over.

Enter Kyle. He’s sexy, charming, the lead singer of a small town band, and owner of KC’s Bar & Grille. When Amber left all those years ago, he became a shell of the man he was. Broken, confused, and desperate, Kyle began his new life where nothing mattered aside from music and women, sometimes more than one at a time. Finally realizing that he hated the person he was becoming, he moves back to Oakville with his band to focus on the bar. Still playing a few small gigs here and there, Kyle and his band return home after a month only to walk straight into Amber, the girl who broke his heart and left without a word.

With a short, heated conversation revealing that it was all just a misunderstanding, Kyle and Amber are determined to start over again and let the past stay in the past. This is the second chance neither of them dreamed they would get and they aren’t going to waste it. Unfortunately, living in this small town isn’t as safe as it would seem. With people determined to tear them apart and old flings resurfacing, will Amber and Kyle be able to hold onto their second chance? Or will it all slip through their fingers?





 4 stars 
I enjoyed the story and fell in love with Amber and Kyle. Actually I fell in love with all the characters. I loved the there was a group of guys, who happen to be band mates, that were so close they were like family. The were tough rockers but they also showed a bit of a soft side. Amber was a tough little lady too. Although at the beginning she was a bit of a brat but she was a young teen who acted like a lot of us might if we were in the same situation. Although she caused a lot of her own pain she turned out to be a great character that I really loved and hoped she would get her happily-ever-after. Now, I know some people get really touchy with cliff hangers and they don't like them. I don't mind them to much as long as I don't have to wait forever for the next book. So I will say that this DOES HAVE A CLIFFHANGER!!!!! You have been warned. With that being said it is a great story and the ending left off in a great place and I can't wait to read the next book. Don't leave me hanging to long Kathy-Jo Reinhart! Please I am not above begging you constantly every day on facebook and email. lol

There was only one thing I did not like about the book and that was that there were songs in it and the lyrics to those songs were in the book and took up a few pages. I love for songs to be mentioned in books and I can even handle having a chorus or maybe one verse if it is short but I hate having the whole song typed out for me. I don't normaly read it all. I admit I will skip over the songs especially if it is a popular song that I know. This may just be me but it just bugs me. Sorry to those that like to read all the lyrics. 

Like I said it is a great story and I enjoyed it and it even had a bit of a surprise in it that gave a little twist. Can't wait for book 2.