Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fragile Bonds by Sloan Johnson cover reveal/release day blitz

Title: Fragile Bonds
Author: Sloan Johnson
Cover: Cover Me, Darling




"Without trust, we have nothing."

These are the words which have haunted Melanie Erickson for six years. When she walked out of the house Xavier Ross bought as their forever home, she thought she was closing that door permanently, but fate had other plans. 

Xavier Ross tried to keep everyone at a distance until Melanie came into his life. The more he tried to fight his feelings for her, the more he fell in love. One rash decision fractured the trust that was essential to their relationship. 

Six years later, she is the last person he expects to see walk through his front door. Will Xavier and Mel be able to learn to trust one another again so they can fulfill a dying woman’s wish?



  5+ stars  
OK so it took me a while to write this review because I had to collect myself more than once I might add. Every time I thought I was ok and would be able to get through it I started crying again. This story was so emotional and AMAZING. 5+ stars doesn't even come close to being enough. I seriously though about changing my star ratings for this one. It has strong character and I'm not talking just the male or just the female. Nope it has 2 yep TWO strong females and .....well just all the characters are strong and loving and sweet. I just couldn't decide who I loved the most. It had love, friendship, compassion, sadness and happiness all in it. I new I was in trouble by chapter 1. 

Melanie was strong and caring. She was able to deal with things in a way that made everyone love her even when they wanted to hate her. She had an inner strength that grabbed a hold of you and said listen to me and do what I say but I'm going to just let you think it is all your idea and I am just along or the ride. She is beautiful, smart, and funny. She was the last person Xavier thought he wanted to see but the best person for him and his family.

Xavier was a strong man or at least he wanted everyone to think he was but he was scared and didn't have a clue as to what he was going to do with his son. He showed that you can love two people and not betray either. Although he tried to be mean and push everyone away he new when he needed help and asked. He could be cold but he also was loving and sweet when he wanted to be. I loved that Sloan let him be a (oh I don't know) softer man. He was strong and sexy but he learned the hardest way that you have to just trust and let yourself go sometimes and not live in your head. 

There are other side characters that were strong in their own ways. Some were nice and I loved a lot then some were well not so nice. You will know who when you read it. To sum it all up I laughed , I cried, then cried some more, then smiled and swooned and cried some more. Over all it was very well written and different in so many ways from any story I have read. Seriously bumped some on my favorite list and is now tied for first place. 








Sloan is a Midwestern mom who began writing nearly seven years ago as a way to make money while staying home with her daughter. Now, with two kids in tow and having written more articles on how to assemble various pieces of furniture than she can count, she is reaching to make her dreams come true.