Tuesday, June 17, 2014

All Hat No Cattle by Randi Alexander



It’s Independence Day, and Harper Johansen is at the rodeo in South Dakota on business. While she’s deep in cowboy territory, she’s hoping to meet a real cowboy—one who shares her dreams for the future. Shaw Donahue, tall and sexy in his cowboy hat, jeans, and boots, could be that man, and Harper quickly falls for his seductive charm. Until he tells her he’s a roughneck.

Shaw can’t believe his luck. Harper is an accomplished, intelligent businesswoman, and she’s beautiful, sexy, and willing. Until she learns he’s working the local oil field. Before he can explain the reason he’s roughnecking, she pushes him away, telling him they can only be friends. He doesn’t fit into her plans. With four days of rodeo ahead of them, can Shaw convince Harper to value a man for more than his cattle?

Break out the fireworks and get ready to kick off your summer with this HOT new collection of stories. All Hat No Cattle is part of the Red Hot and BOOM! multi-author series (stands alone for reading enjoyment)

  3 stars 
     First off this was a very short read. It took me just a few hours to finish but it was a cute fast read. I liked it for the most part but if you are looking for something different then this is not what you want. It has the typical good guy "cowboy" with perfect manners and the sexy body that knows how to treat a woman in and out of the bedroom. 
     It is a wam bam thank you ma'am love at first sight book. The only complication in the relationship is the woman that thinks she knows what she wants but is so wishy washy she isn't even sure if she knows what she wants. I was not a fan of the female lead, Harper. She was a little annoying to me and I wanted to just slap her upside the head. Everybody can't like all the characters right? 
     If you just want something simple to read and easy to follow and something to just take you away and let you relax for a few hours then this is the book for you. Like I said I enjoyed the story but I like a little more to my storys and I like to be kept on my toes wondering what is going to happen next? Is the girl/guy going to get the love of their life? With this I just knew from the beginning what was happening. 

If you have a few hours to sit and enjoy a short love story with a sexy cowboy this is perfect.