Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sloan Johnson's Blog Hop


Hi there everyone! Hope everyone is off to a great start this week. Hopefully you started Sloan's Blog Hop with Books Are My Escape yesterday. If not that's ok you can go over and visit them after you finish here. I am lucky enough to be the one that gets to give you a sneek peek at the cover of one of Sloan Johnson's books that will be coming out in the Spring. I was so excited about this. Are you ready to see it? Well first let me tell you a few things. Be sure to read this whole post. There is a giveaway and there is a very important word or phrase from each stop that will give you an entry. I'll post links to all the stops at the end so if you haven't started you can get yesterdays blog stop in and then you will have the rest of the weeks links too. See how sweet I am.  Are you ready? oh one more thing before I get to that sneek peek. LOL am I teasing you? Why yes I am! It is teaser Tuesday after all.  No seriously before I get to that  just want you to know about some of Sloan's other books. She has a few and they are all great but let's focus on just a few of the newer ones.

Just a few of Sloan Johnson's books

Available Now!!!

  

Amazon     Barnes & Noble     Kobo     



 
Amazon     Barnes & Noble     Kobo



Expected February 9, 2015

Blurb:

You can’t choose who you fall in love with. Despite knowing from a young age that he was gay, Scott Murphy couldn’t imagine life without Shelly. He threw away the labels and had eleven amazing years with her, but now, he feels even more lost trying to figure out how to move on after Shelly’s death. After nearly a year of watching Scott fade away, Shelly’s father forces him to start living again.



As much as Chris loathes the idea of attending a bereavement group week after week, it’s one of the only places he can go in this town, other than the bar, to not feel so alone. When there’s nothing to distract him or dull his senses, he spends too much time obsessing over how he should have been able to help his sister. When Scott shows up at his group session, Chris decides that maybe some good can come out of his sister’s death.


There’s no denying that Chris is the first man to catch Scott’s attention in a long time, but how can he move on when just thinking of Shelly sends him to his dark place?

The road to recovery won’t be an easy one, but Chris is determined to help Scott see that life is still worth living. But before Scott can allow himself to admit what he feels for Chris, he knows he has to reveal the full truth about Shelly’s death. 



Soooo are you ready for that sneek peek at the cover and the blurb. Be sure to add it to your TBR list (or mountain as I call mine). Here you go. Remember that word or phrase I talked about here it is.....
 Word or Phrase for RC bonus entries  Wild Pitch


Release Date: Spring 2015


Steam billows out of the room, creating an ethereal haze around my best friend, who’s wearing nothing but a towel wrapped low around his hips and a cocky smirk on his face. I’m about to cuss him out because he’s not supposed to get the patch of gauze over his eye wet, but I notice that he’s dry from the neck up.
“You keep gawking at me like that and I might start getting ideas,” Mason teases. He stalks toward me and I back up, hoping his gaze doesn’t travel lower than my chest because I have a problem building below the waist. I reach out for the banister, stopping myself before I tumble down the stairs. A normal person would stop, but it’s quickly becoming apparent to me that Mason is anything but normal.
I swallow hard as Mason continues closing the gap between us. My mouth is dry and I struggle to form words. “Mace, what are you doing?”
“Am I making you nervous?” he asks, reaching up to run his fingers down the length of my chest. He’s making me many things right now, and anxious is somewhere near the bottom of the list.
“Damn, how hard did I hit you?” I ask, forcing a laugh. “I think you need to go lie down, because you’re obviously delusional right now.”
Mason takes one more step toward me, stopping when he’s so close I can feel his breath ghosting across my neck. His hand slides down to rest on my hip. “Or maybe I’m thinking clearly for the first time in my life,” he whispers.
It’d be so easy for me to close my eyes and take what he’s about to give me, but I can’t. No matter how much I want him to lean in and brush his lips against mine, the fulfillment of my fantasy isn’t worth throwing away years of friendship.
I place my hands on his chest and push him away. When I open my eyes, I see him staring at me through one sad, rich brown eye. I wonder for a moment if my heart would be breaking twice as much if not for the bandage covering the other. “Mason, stop. You don’t know what you’re doing.”
“Fuck that,” he argues. “Like I said, for the first time in a long fucking time, I know exactly what I’m doing.”

He covers my hands with his own and I can feel the searing, damp heat against his skin. Even more, I can feel his heart racing against my palm. I stare at him, leaning in centimeter by centimeter, giving him the opportunity to stop this insanity. My eyes drift closed and I can feel his ragged puffs of breath against my lips—

Here is the giveaway 
remember the bonus words are Wild Pitch


Be sure to follow the rest of the Blog Hop
Tuesday- Here at It Started with a Book Blog
Wedsneday- G & Co. Book Blog
Thursday- BFD Book Blog