Monday, May 18, 2015

Forgotten Treasures by D. Hart Blog Tour

Title: Forgotten Treasures
Author: D. Hart
Genre: NA | Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 19, 2015
Tour Hosted by: As the Pages Turn
AddtoGoodreads
Synopsis

In the aftermath of destruction, hearts were destroyed, strengths were stripped, and vulnerabilities were exposed.

A community was ripped apart after a tragic accident, and the loss hit one family particularly hard as it claimed the lives of three, leaving only one surviving member to pick up the pieces and move forward.

Baylor’s life was wiped clean in the blink of an eye. No family, no home, no name. That is, until she met Brandt. He took a chance, giving her hope and a reason to start over. A reason to rebuild a life full of forgotten memories. A reason to trust. A reason to love.

Finding love in all the right places should be easy, but when truths are revealed, it's anything but. Brandt will help her rediscover the true meaning of unconditional eternal love that will prove painful, life altering, and redeeming.

Together, they will try to face the future and will use each other’s strengths to learn how to live again. Can they rewrite history, or in the end, will the tragedies of their pasts be too much?

••• Buy Forgotten Treasures •••
Amazon | Amazon UK | B&N | Kobo | iTunes
••• Forgotten Treasures ~ Excerpt •••

Nothing was breaking the hold Brandt had on me. He scooped his hand under my chin and moved in slowly to my lips. “Is this okay?” he asked softly.

I couldn’t speak. My heart was pounding from the anticipation. All I could do was nod.

“Good, because I don’t think I could take no for an answer.”

He brushed his lips lightly over mine, sending a blazing fire through my veins. I released a quiet breath, taking in the warmth of the heat generating in the space between us. He gently pressed his lips on mine and then released. Then kissed them again with the same careful touch, as if he applied any pressure I would shatter in his arms. He repeated this several times, revving up the desire in me. I could barely breathe through the intensity with which I wanted to ravage him. Hours could have passed, and I wouldn’t have cared. I just wanted to be here in this moment for a lifetime. His hand slid behind my neck, and he grabbed a lock of my hair in his fist as his breath became as uneven as mine. He gripped hard like that was the only leverage he had from losing control. He stopped his rhythmic kissing and rested his forehead on mine.

“I need you,” he whispered painfully.


This was more than desire. This was deeper than a first kiss. This was something else. Something I wanted, but something I knew I couldn’t do. As hard as it was for me to pull away from him, I forced myself to.


My Review

 5+ Stars 


I was lucky enough to be part of the beta team for this and I thought it was great. A 4 star read for sure but then I got the ARC for it with the promise of an honest review to be put up.

This was such an emotional read. All I could think about is this story. I LOVED it. When I started reading it I had a lot of questions and thought this girl is the most trusting person ever and that was very unrealistic but let’s face it this is a book and they can be that way without fear of being killed. So, I went with it and as for the questions, I always have questions when I read and I just have to see how it all plays out. Then if they aren't I may track the author down and say "WHY?" or "HOW COULD YOU!?" But in this case every one of my questions were answered and it made for an excellent read. It had me laughing, crying, and thankful for what I have. It not only was a great read but it also made me think about life and how we take things for granted. Even the simple things. I love stories that not only you can connect to and understand and feel for the characters but also make you think and want to put yourself in the characters place to see what you might think you would do even though I would never know unless in that position.

I could never put my full emotions of this book in to words no matter how hard I try but I am so thankful I got to read this great story that was well written and had great characters in it. Such a great book that might leave you feeling overwhelmed but will also leave you feeling happy.



••• About D. Hart •••
D. Hart Pic
I'm a...
Mom
Firefighter Wife
Sister
Sister-In-Law
Daughter
Aunt
Friend
Multi-genre Writer
Reader
and so many other ordinary things.
I love my life and am so grateful for all of the support. I have the courage to live a dream.


••• Giveaway •••
a Rafflecopter giveaway