Monday, March 14, 2016

#Poser (Hashtag Series book #5) by Cambria Hebert







Posers gonna pose

I am a man who had nothing, but found everything.

I’ll never go back to nothing ever again.

I vowed to protect her, and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. 

The pictures I stumbled upon haunt me still, the secret I shoulder is heavy.

They say secrets put distance between two people, but the truth is far more destructive than keeping it will ever be. 

I won’t ever tell. She can’t ever know.

When I look in the mirror my reflection is of who I’m afraid I’ll become and not the man I am. 

It makes me feel like a poser, no better than all the others pretending to be exactly who they aren’t.

How does a man keep it together when everything is unraveling right here in his hands?

I didn’t start any of this.

I never asked for it.

But it came knocking at my door. 

When secrets and threats knock, I don’t hide.

I open the door. 

Because the best way to take down a poser is to be one.


 5 stars 

I LOVE this series and this book did not disappoint. It continued my love of the characters and the series. It had me oooh and awwwing and jumping up. So many things were going on and I never knew what was coming next. It was FANTASTIC! The feelings from Ivy were so real I could completely relate to how she was feeling at times. It is hard to say what I would have done in Branden's place at the end with Zach because I would like to think I am a better person and would have helped but honestly knowing what Zach did (and knowing how a rape survivor feels) I am not sure I would have done anything different. It was not what I expected that was for sure. If you love this series then you want to read this one and if you haven't read any of these books then you want to get them all so you can read them right after each other. 



Other Books in the series: