Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Liberty Belle: A Snowberry Fourth of July (The Snowberry Series Book 5) by Katie Mettner

ON SALE TODAY
0.99



This can be read as a stand alone novel

Main Street is bustling in Snowberry, Minnesota, and nobody knows that better than the owner of the iconic bakery, the Liberty Belle. Handed the key to her namesake at barely twenty-one, Liberty has worked day and night to keep her parents’ legacy alive. Now, three years later, she’s a hotter mess than the batch of pies baking in her industrial-sized oven.

Photographer Bram Alexander has had his viewfinder focused on the heart of one woman since returning to Snowberry. For the last three years she’s kept him at arm's length, but all bets are off when he finds her injured and alone on the bakery floor.

Liberty knew falling in love with Bram would be easy, but convincing her tattered heart to trust him may be impossible. Armed with small town determination and a heart of gold, Bram shows Liberty frame-by-frame how falling for him is as easy as pie.




 5 sweet stars 
WOW!!! Let me just tell you now this book starts out with an emotional bang! Seriously I was 4% in and thought "HOLY COW, if it is like this now will I be able to handle the rest?"  I took a second and gathered some supplies, you know a big cup of coffee and a protein bar, then I dove in. At 24% I knew this was going to be a fantastic book and couldn't wait to tell everyone so I took a break and posted on social media that I was reading it. Yep, I wanted everyone to know. I read the whole thing yesterday and only took a few breaks here and there to feed the family and things like that. 

So, as you can tell I absolutely LOVED this book. It is about a young small town girl named Liberty who has had a rough time the last few years but you would never know because she works hard and runs her bakery and is always cheery. At least that is what most the town sees. I feel in love with her from the start. I connected with her. Although she is much younger than I am I was still able to relate to her and understood her. As the story moves forward and you learn more about Liberty and meet some more wonderful characters. Now, if you don't know Katie Mettner writes these wonderful stories and her characters are beautiful but they also deal with things that give them a challenge in life. The deal with autism, paraplegics, disease and scars from things that have happened to them. The stories encourage and inspire you to be a better person and that is what I love about them. Anyway, back to this story. So, we meet Bram. Bram is a little older than Liberty but they both grew up in the small town and have known each other their whole lives. Bram is sweet, funny, and as Liberty says pushy. But he has a huge heart and Liberty is the one who has held it for many years. What starts out as a "friend" who will listen and give a hug when needed turns into so much more than Liberty thought she deserved. This book will have you laughing and crying and swooning a lot. Having only read 2 of Katie Mettner's books I have falling in love with her style and can't wait to read more of them. My to be read list just grew by at least 20 books. 


    

Where to find Katie Mettner: